The construction of two intersecting railroad lines in 1856 just one mile to the east of Clinton Corners determined the site of most new development in the area. Some of the buildings at the corners, such as the Baptist Church, were even moved to an area near the depot which became known as Clinton Junction. The post office also moved to the new community, and the one in Summerville closed.
In 1857, shortly after the construction of the railroads, the U.S. Postal Department Office changed the name of the post office in Clinton Junction to "Ogden," probably in honor of William Ogden, the president of the Chicago and Fond du Lac Railroad Line. However, the people in the community kept using the name the Clinton or Clinton Junction.
To further complicate matters, in 1860 the Postal Department established a post office in Sheboygan County by the name of Clinton. So letters intended for the "Clinton" in Rock County would end up being sent to the other "Clinton" and would have to be sent down to "Ogden." Public sentiment finally prevailed in 1864 when the Postal Department returned the name of Clinton to the Rock County community's post office and named the Sheboygan County community's post office Bamberg.
Meanwhile, the Methodists built a church in 1857; the Congregationalists built one in 1860; and in 1863 the Baptists erected a new church. A second Lutheran church was established in 1858 near the original building, and the congregation seperated in to two groups until they were reunited in 1892.